Stevenson Elementary School serves students in Pre-K through 4th grade in Stevenson, Alabama. We belive in holding ourselves to what we call the Panther "Standard." This standard is to always give our best effort in everything we do--we do not try to be perfect, only better than we've ever been. We use the hashtag #pantherFAMILY as we truly believe those who enter our building are part of the family. Students, teachers, support staff, bus drivers, parents, substitutes, and community members are all important to the success at SES. Our goal is to show our students the world of possiblities outside our door and community to equip them with the willingness and the work ethic to be the best they can be.
Why SES is so special:
- We are the only school in Jackson County with two Pre-K classes with the hope of adding a third in the future.
- Our students have access to one of the largest libraries in any school in Jackson County as well as to a state-of-the-art STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Lab which houses our robotics, coding, and 3D printing capabilities.
- SES is also the only school in Jackson County with two teachers devoted entirely to providng struggling readers with intervention services.
- Since July 2019, faculty at SES are responsbile for almost $50,000 in grants used for instructional purposes.
- We are one of two school in Jackson County which has a reading AND math coach to serve teachers and students.